Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My son has been given notice by an independent living

Customer Question

My son has been given notice by an independent living services following an incident precipitated largely by the lack of care he was given. His needs are complex and it will be impossible to assess them in under two months and finding an alternative placement could take an additional three months further.
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: Uk
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: Uk and his care is 100% health funded.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My ideal is to get him out asap. So far his notice has been extended by a week.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The issue is because of the lack of other suitable facilities caused by the severity of his needs it will be impossible to place him without causing very significant psychological problems and because of his physical condition without endangering his live.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The independent care professionals working on his new assessment of needs are unanimously appalled at the notice being given in the circumstances it was and do not feel it warranted.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 3 months ago.

I note you say you wish to get him out of there but to where?

Was the incident based on which the home gave him notice the first one and how severe was it?

Michael