Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My late parents owned timeshare with Macdonalds (Dalfaber

My late parents owned timeshare with Macdonalds (Dalfaber Resort) and it would appear they signed an in perpetuity contract, am I correct that as they have both passed away the contract/deeds can just be passed back to them without penalty, as the contract was between Macdonalds and my parents and not me
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Scotland UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: A phone call to notify them they passed away but no other action taken yet, ideal outcome is just hand it back. I wanted advice before writing to them
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The maintenance is fully paid up for this year

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Yes.

There is no contract with you. As they have passed the contract is terminated. There is no more liability

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks for clarifying the matter, it seemed to me a straight case of contract law and nice to have that confirmed by a qualified professional, many thanks

Indeed! All the best