Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

The police arrived at my door yesterday and announced that

Customer Question

The police arrived at my door yesterday and announced that they had evidence that indecent images had been downloaded to my address in 2015. I have had my computer seized yesterday and I have checked and have found that the police triage found no images/films/ web access or anything out of the ordinary except certain keywords (3) were found in the drive and it has been sent for further investigation. I know that they will retrieve fragments of some child porn that arrived amongst data I downloaded in bulk from Shareaza P to P site. Obviously most of the videos were regular porn but these files were amongst them.I deleted the files straight away and thought no more of it. Until now.
I am not into any of this stuff and would not knowingly download it and certainly not store it or distribute it. What happens now? I didn't realise that these easily accessible sites were so dangerous
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

are you asking what sentence you would face?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there a defence and if not what sentence?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I really don't need this
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

What?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is likely to happen now?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry, I meant what don't you need?

Im not sure I understand?