Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have two questions... 1) Trying to find out if it's

Customer Question

I have two questions... 1) Trying to find out if it's illegal to access your wife's email if a) she's given you the password ***** b) it's usual to go in to get insurance details or similar - saying when you do it? And 2) If when you find an email (unexpectedly) that says "every time we're on facebook the physical things get in the way" to then access facebook (albeit changing the password ***** do so)?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: So - 2 months ago my wife was having trouble at work.we'd talked and put together an email her former boss to find out what he'd recommend doing
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Next day he (having recently gone to Australia) replied to Sarah - via Facebook, but when she told me I thought via email ANd no I haven't
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I then found not the reply but an email from him talking about the night in the hotel and her saying everytime they were on facebook the phyiscal bits got in the way and broke into her Facebook And found him telling her what he likes about her, including her breasts and hips, neck (you don't need to know details of that) My wife is now telling me that was illegal... and wanted to know
Category: UK Law
Expert:  lucy7368 replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

The laws on this vary by location. Where do you live?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The UK.
Expert:  lucy7368 replied 4 months ago.

I apologize. You were misrouted to the US law category. I'll get you transferred.

Please do not reply, as that can cause delays.