Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor
96516752

Second opinion] We are owners of a private road and when our

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hello
We are owners of a private road and when our neighbours moved in next door around 10 years ago we gave them permission to park their 2 cars in the road outside the front. Since then they have got a third car and I'm sure their daughter will be driving soon which will make it 4 plus they sometimes have visitors and we have noticed others in the road let their visitors park too. Sometimes it becomes very congested. I'm just concerned as what happens when we or they sell as there is nothing in writing. They have a very small plot with no parking. We live in old houses which were designed before cars. Keen to know our rights but don't want to fall out with the neighbours. Our main garden is out the front too both before the parking area and after so it does affect us.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Nick H replied 5 months ago.

Hello

You gave them a grant to park 2 cars.

Very well done on your part - they have no right to do anything else.