Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

Sorry of the silly question, but am I speaking to a real

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: sorry of the silly question, but am I speaking to a real person or some automated response?
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: an automated response I suppose
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I am indeed a real person. I do have evenings and weekends and work during the week.

If you have a question, post it up now and I will answer you. At the moment, I don’t know what it’s about. If we can have as much detail as possible that would be useful.

I may deal with it personally, if it’s within my sphere of expertise or pass it on to someone else if not. Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I have a CIFAS marker 6 from Lloyds since 2014 and I wish to challenge, so I was wondering what I need to do.Long story short:
I was looking for employment and got contacted by a fraudster that told me I got accepted in a training program.
As part of the process I completed a "jobapplication" in which I put my bank details.At some point they put £392 on my account and they told me that as part of the training I need to make a Western Union transfer. I declined and told them to leave me alone, I dont wish to be contacted again.They told thats fine but I have to give them the money back, which I did through a bank transfer. These two transactions were flagged on Lloyds and they gave me the marker.Do I stand any chance challenging it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I accepted a phone call and the person answered all my questions but I forgot to ask somethingFrom your experience, will the marker at least be removed after 6 years or is it possible to stay on after the 6 year period??

There is actually no statutory period and the period only has to be reasonable.

The same with a credit file, six years has been found to be reasonable.