How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nick H Your Own Question
Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 113
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Nick H is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband started his own business over 20 years ago my

This answer was rated:

My husband started his own business over 20 years ago my eldest son is in the business recently my husband gave my son a large share of the business my husband and myself now own 36% of the shares between us £175.0000 was paid into my husbands pension pot in exchange for these shares my son now has 54% of these shares what are our rights now in the running of the business can my son force my husband out now there is some anomisity between them and my son wants to buy our remaining shares over 10 years can he fire my husband if we do not decide to do this now we have the reduced shars


As your son now owns the majority shareholding of the company he can stop you or your husband being Directors of the company.

This means that the day to day running of the company will be at his command. However he cannot force you to sell the shares nor can he

unfairly prejudice your shareholding. So you will need to be given the same rights in regards ***** ***** shares as are attracted by any other shareholder.

Nick H and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can he fire my husband if he is doing work in the business ie going out on site work and my son doesnt want him to go my husband is the chairman of the company is there anything we can do or need to do ie on paper also can these shares be given or sold at a pepper corn price to any of our children who do not work in the company