Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Is there any order I can obtain to make my sister show me my

Customer Question

Is there any order I can obtain to make my sister show me my mams accounts she does not have lpa
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 9 months ago.

How does your sister have your mother's accounts? Where is your mother?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She is in a care home with dementia she has them because she kept us all away from mam then hid her in this home but I found her

I see. That makes sense. Well if she does not have formal authority to act in this way I would be minded to get a solicitor to write to her formally advising her that she is acting without authority and that you seek to see that the accounts/statements as a next of kin. You can also involve the local authority if you consider that she is acting inappropriately. Happy to discuss and please rate positive.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already know that but I don't have funds to do this and adult services or police won't help

I see. The LA should really help in a situation such as this. I would advise that you may wish to get your local councillor or MP to try and exert some pressure on them. The difficulty for you as you state is funding. A solicitors letter would normally expect to cost about £100 and will often resolve the issue. Happy to discuss and please rate positive

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well I shall try but if the police and adult services won't I can't see how I can do this

From a police perspective she has not necessarily broken the law. I would normally have thought that if there is no formal document then adult services would be interested in such maters. There may well be court of protection issues and to that end you should escalate this.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have just took the poa off her at court because it was fraud the judge revoked it that was health and welfare but her and her husband have purchased a house each cash and she says my mam has no money left

So what happened to the proceedings

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't know that's what I mean I have a good idea though

can you explain

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She says my mam only has a small amount of savings but won't say where money is and won't show me her accounts but I have the proof that they have both purchased a house each in cash

Ok then if this is the case and you have proof you really need to provide that proof to either social services or the police. I know what you have said about them not being interested in the past. Thus you should contact your MP and see if he can exert some pressure. Otherwise for legal action - you will need to spend some money (and I understand the difficulties) in getting a solicitors letter to them. I hope that this helps and please rate positive for my time.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.