How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9141
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been cited to attend court as a witness against my

Customer Question

I have been cited to attend court as a witness against my friend (I was angry when made statement to police) since the incident my friend has apologied as was through miscommunication this all happened. I have tried to drop charges and wrote to the prosecuter fiscal to say it is causing stress on us as a family and mine and my friends friendship. I'm not going to court and don't have a police record what will happen? I know a warrent can be issued for my arrest and charged but what with? And what punishment?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive. What type of case is it?