How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 1997 I lost my wife and gained my house through the

Customer Question

in 1997 I lost my wife and gained my house through the endowment policy we had taken out. In 2003 a lady moved into my house and lived with me till June this year, she reported me for rape which was kicked out by the CPS now 6 months later she is claiming 25% of my house to the total of £32,500. Does she have the right to make a claim as the house was already mine
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. On what basis is she making this claim? Has she contributed to any improvements in the property which ha increased its value? Kind Regards Al