How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9142
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking to purchase a leasehold flat where the

Customer Question

Hello, I am looking to purchase a leasehold flat where the freeholder is the London Borough of Islington
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: and I am trying to understand the extent to which I would be able to remove partition walls UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I need to decide whether to purchase the property, but that heavily depends on my ability to make internal alterations (to partion walls)
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Property Lawyer replied 8 months ago.

Have you got a solicitor already?

Any initial advice?

It really depends on the covenants in the lease. do you have a copy of the lease?

Expert:  Property Lawyer replied 8 months ago.


Do you still need help?

I will need to see the lease. can you upload it please?