How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am named on the mortgage but not on the deeds. My mother

Customer Question

i am named on the mortgage but not on the deeds. My mother has paid for home improvements and contributed to the mortgage. Am entitled to equal share of equity in the property?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: uk
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: no action taken so far. Need advice in order to protect my financial status in the property
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not married but have 2 children aged 15 and 17
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How did you come to be on the mortgage but not on the deeds?