How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have qataion about locata, i live in private house the

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: i have qataion about locata
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: i live in private house the coucil move my band to D
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: uk
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: so can u help with locata housing
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I live in private landlord flat giving by the council in 2009, at that time I was in band C at locata, now they moved me to band D I don't know why, I have asked the reson they said becouse the change the housing law, I live in 2bedroom flat with 6 people 2 adults and 4 kids, we are overcrowded but the council are not helping,
What can I do?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

You want to appeal that decision?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well before I appeal, can you tell me what is housing law says about my issue,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you housing expert solicitor
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Yes I deal with Housing at a Local Authority.

In short you have been rebanded for Council tax?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, am not talking about council tax, it's council house. I was in band C and they change it to band D which I can't bid Conucil flat.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Does the Council have a policy on such banding changes and bidding do you know?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not sure that why I have asked you if are housing solicitor you should know about more then me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.