How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to withdraw my statement but I'm scared the

Customer Question

I would like to withdraw my statement but I'm scared the police will carry it on
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: It was on November the 5th this year and I made a statement against my partner and I would like to withdraw my statement I'm in the uk
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: The cps has taken the case but I don't want anything to happen. I don't want either of us to go to court and I would like it all too be dropped
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was a drunken argument and it got out of hand
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 11 months ago.

Why do you want to withdraw your statement? Do you think you overreacted or have you exaggerated? Or is it just that you don’t want your partner to be prosecuted? As much background detail as possible would be helpful please. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't want my partner to be prosecuted