Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I live in uk. I was issued a pcn by post by a parking

Customer Question

i live in uk.
I was issued a pcn by post by a parking management firm on behalf of Chelmsford council.
the offence was on 28 September 2016 but the pcn was printed on the 29 September 2016
and sent by post.
can a pcn have a different date than the offence? and do I have to pay? it is now £100
regards Gordon
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Did you commit the contravention?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I work as a subcontractor for the same council but they do not issue parking permits.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Ok. Proceeding on the basis that this is a proper local council issue fine then you must deal with it. Otherwise they will just send bailiffs round in the end.

You can always try to fight this on the basis that the date is wrong. That is a defence as indeed you did not commit the contravention on that date.

They may just amend their particulars. There is no reason they cannot do that. They do not generally but they could. If they do then your challenge would be lost.

But you can fight it on that basis.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo