How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 4985
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to talk about a vechicle I parked inside an estate

Customer Question

I want to talk about a vechicle I parked inside an estate for 3 days and it was removed and allegedly scrapped in 2011. The place had no warning or signs and there was a pub inside that i used to go with friends. The vehicle was untaxed and sorned , but in very good conditiona and with some working tools inside. 3 days the vehcle was parked there. When I found ou the van was removed, I contacted the estate management team and the manager of course, didnt accepted liability. Never presented the certificate of destruction of the van. I've tried everything I could to find out what happned, but only this year I found out from the scrapping yard that the van never was taken there. I did a vehicle search on the internet and the vehcile was not scrapped. I suffered all these years with this. Please let me know what you think I can do . Thanks
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It is civil and criminal law in the UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: Talked to them by email
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Important to say that the estate was open 24 hours, and I parked because someone from the pub said it was ok to do so. Anyone could have access to the area. No restrain anywhere. It was open air as well.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want a compensation for the van, tools and for the stress and inconvenience caused
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1) Can I do it by email?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Written letter is preferable. Email is fine if you dont get a response.

Does that clarify?