Maverick
Maverick, Advocate
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
16823287

I'm interested in finding a lawyer in the UK to represent me

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm interested in finding a lawyer in the UK to represent me in a dispute over an order I placed with a London based company almost three months ago. They are seemingly reputable but every week when asked about shipping there is another excuse for why they can't. It was $18,500 USD. I'm hold dual US / UK citizenship.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No, I am a citizen of both countries and hold valid and current passports in both.
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I'm still trying to work with them cordially. My ideal outcome is for them to simply ship the automotive parts I ordered.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing really. I've been very polite during this entire process but I'm becoming very frustrated with them dodging my emails and phone calls. It's not a small order.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long ago did yo place the order? Also, please can you provide me with the company's details. Thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
http://www.tweakedautomotive.com/contact-us/
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09996695The wire transfer was made on 8/15/16I have full records of our email conversations as well.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court for the rest of today so will prepare my advice in a while and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Fundamentally I'm unsure if they actually intend to ship and are genuinely having issues obtaining a particular item or if they are continually delaying the order for other reasons.

I understand. Leave it with me and I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Of course, no rush. Thank you.

Thanks for your patience. I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with, mainly due to the fact that there will be specialist cross-jurisdictional issues because you are based overseas. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I've attached a screenshot of the current state of our relationship. Basically if they do finally ship next Friday I'm ok with that but if for some reason they slip yet again I'd like to know what options I have to encourage to deliver the order placed. Thanks!

We are not permitted to represent JA's customers or to refer any particular lawyer to them; but this info may further assist you:

1. You may be able to sue them in federal court here in the USA, but then trying to enforce a USA judgment in London may be difficult and require you to meet Hague Convention or other treaty standards. So, your instinct is correct in that you need the help of a U.K. based business litigation lawyer to at a minimum send them a locally based demand letter. Such a letter may cost about $300.00 and may promptly encourage delivery. If not, suit may have to be filed.

2. Here is a link of London based lawyers that may assist you with this.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.