Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

We have 4 directors in our company and all 4 directors have

Customer Question

We have 4 directors in our company and all 4 directors have a shareholding, with one other external shareholder. One of the director's is grossly underperforming and the other director's want him out of office. His stake is 4.75%, we would still honour this. However, I am looking to find a legal way of getting him out of the company on a day-to-day basis. All other Director's feel the same and we have a 'vote of no confidence'. Can you please adivise?
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: No action has been taken at the moment. The ideal outcome is to get him out of the company.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I am a company law expert. Do you have a shareholders agreement? Does the director have a contract of employment?