How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9143
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neice and nephew lived with me under a residence order as

Customer Question

my neice and nephew lived with me under a residence order as their mother could not look after them. I became depressed and instead of getting support, social services took my children (based on incorrect assunptions) my niece and nephew were physically, emotionally and sexually abused iin not 1 but 2 foster placements. my mental health got worse due to the stress and pressure social services put me under and I nearly lost my life. 8 years later my niece is back living with me but social services wont provide her (or the placement) with any support/ therapy given what she has been through. can we sue them for what they have done and what they are continuing to do? they said the kids would have a better life in care? but ende up abused and traumatised - and they wont even get them any help to fix the mess that they made
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my niece is 13 and nephew is 14