Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

In 2012 I was convicted for a drink driving offence. It was

Customer Question

Hi all,
In 2012 I was convicted for a drink driving offence. It was a day after the night before scenario and I was in an RTA having slipped the car over ice and hitting a roundabout and didn't have my blood taken until much later. They did a back trace based on the blood to prosecute me which I wanted to fight in court but my solicitor persuaded me not to as my highest priority was keeping my personal license and I was advised I didn't have to divulge the to the court anything that would make my circumstance worse and given that option I decided to plead guilty and not tell the court about my personal license. Naive of me I know and now I would like to apply for new jobs I don't know what the deal is. I'm guessing my personal license is forfeit but how do i get a new one? And am I in breech of the law if I apply and it comes back i have a drink drive offence? Basically I know I did wrong and should of told the court but where Domingo from here to set the record straight?
Many thanks for any advice anyone might be able to give.
Mdg
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, you have not re-applied for your licence since you were disqualified?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No i have not re applied.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

You just reapply for a licence. You can not drive Without one otherwise you are breaking the law.

Yes it will show you have been disqualified for drink driving.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry Jamie I was referring to the issue about my personal license.

Personal licence for driving?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Personal license for selling alcohol.

What type of establishment do you run?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
A pub.

You need to inform them of the change in circumstances because you have a conviction. If you do not then this looks bad.

It may then go before a committee who will then decide whether you are fit and proper to have a licence.

If the answer is no, then you can appeal this decision. This can be to the Magistrates Court.

But you should inform them, otherwise it makes it worse if they find out later.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?