How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 4010
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son works part time evenings in a pub as a bar man. He

Customer Question

My son works part time evenings in a pub as a bar man. He noticed a very drunk man becoming loud and irritating. The drunk man then left the pub having got his car keys out. My son followed him the guy got in the drivers seat and started to drive away. My son called the cops with the registration. The chap was found at home and refused breatherliser he was detained. My son was asked to give a statement which he did. His landlord boss was cross with him as he doesn't want his pub known as a snitch drink drivers place, so my son was acting out of community spirit not an employee. ( the pub has extensive CCTV in the car parks)
My son was working last week at his pub the drunk man walked in with a friend. The friend promptly talked to my son and discussed my sons career his hobbies his future plans. Clearly he has knowledge of my son and his day job hobbies etc. his landlord boss then told him the drunk man cam in the pub lunch time that day too.
My son feels very intimidated he called the investigating officer who hasn't returned his call. He now wants to retract the police statement is this possible
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It's not real wstate
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: The intimidation stops
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry. I responded to your question by accident. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Thank you

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

When you say retract that means he is making it up and it's not true. Is that what he wants to say?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He doesn't want to be involved.
Yes the incident happened, the chap he made the statement about ( the drunk driver) keeps coming into the pub he never speaks to my son but his friends talk at him. The talk is quite personal to my son. Now I'm sure the Police wouldn't have named my son but it maybe the landlord has told someone who's told someone etc etc. the pub is in a small village
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Ok. Then he needs to give a further statement saying that he does not support the prosecution.

That is all he needs to do. It's not a retraction statement, as that is saying it didn't happen and he has made it up.

So all he needs to do is give a statement saying he does not support the prosecution. That is it. That is all he needs to do.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No that is fabulous thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!