UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

My son works part time evenings in a pub as a bar man. He

Customer Question
noticed a very drunk man...
My son works part time evenings in a pub as a bar man. He noticed a very drunk man becoming loud and irritating. The drunk man then left the pub having got his car keys out. My son followed him the guy got in the drivers seat and started to drive away. My son called the cops with the registration. The chap was found at home and refused breatherliser he was detained. My son was asked to give a statement which he did. His landlord boss was cross with him as he doesn't want his pub known as a snitch drink drivers place, so my son was acting out of community spirit not an employee. ( the pub has extensive CCTV in the car parks)
My son was working last week at his pub the drunk man walked in with a friend. The friend promptly talked to my son and discussed my sons career his hobbies his future plans. Clearly he has knowledge of my son and his day job hobbies etc. his landlord boss then told him the drunk man cam in the pub lunch time that day too.
My son feels very intimidated he called the investigating officer who hasn't returned his call. He now wants to retract the police statement is this possible
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It's not real wstate
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: The intimidation stops
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Law
9/27/2016
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

I'm sorry. I responded to your question by accident. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Thank you

Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

When you say retract that means he is making it up and it's not true. Is that what he wants to say?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He doesn't want to be involved.
Yes the incident happened, the chap he made the statement about ( the drunk driver) keeps coming into the pub he never speaks to my son but his friends talk at him. The talk is quite personal to my son. Now I'm sure the Police wouldn't have named my son but it maybe the landlord has told someone who's told someone etc etc. the pub is in a small village

Ok. Then he needs to give a further statement saying that he does not support the prosecution.

That is all he needs to do. It's not a retraction statement, as that is saying it didn't happen and he has made it up.

So all he needs to do is give a statement saying he does not support the prosecution. That is it. That is all he needs to do.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No that is fabulous thank you

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor