How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 6827
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am serving in the british army but am now injured and now

Customer Question

i am serving in the british army but am now injured and now eventhough i am still good at my trade i cant be promoted am i entiteld to any compensation
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 10 months ago.

Assuming you were injured through no fault of your own and you can establish negligence on the part of another then, yes, you can.

In personal injury claims there is what is called a Smith and Manchester award, named after a case.

This is a very similar situation where you are now at a disadvantage at work, or should you later try to find work outside the army, as a consequence of your injury and you should be compensated for it.

Best regards