How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Certifi, In the States, thank you. Thank you. My

Customer Question

I have a Certifi
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: In the States, thank you.
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: Thank you. My father, had a distant relative, from WWII, who died and was involved in the Oil business and died recently and left behind a sizeable inheritance. My father, deceased, his attorney, tracked my down through this man's records. I now have a copy of death certificate, certificate of deposit and another item and wonder what I must do to claim funds.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Short of planning to journey to GB myself, eventually to claim these funds, what must I do?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you tell me a little more about the documentation you have please

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry for the delay; I am on the East Coast of the U.S and have been sleeping as well. Yes, more about the documents.
I have copy of Death Certificate, Certificate of Deposit and Deed of Lodge of the Bank in which these funds are located.
Thank you. I will now be in transit for approximately 90 minutes and will not be able to answer in long transmission, other than through my Smart Phone. Thank you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am now in front of my laptop, however, I'm unable to enter "my account", "my question", or "Contact us"! Any suggestion here? I feel I need Danger Mouse to assist me in such a pinch. You're well trained! Can you direct me?
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

My apologies for the delay I was unexpectedly offline

Can you email a copy of one of these documents (redacted if necessary)!