How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father passed away in May this year, he had a will and we

Customer Question

My father passed away in May this year, he had a will and we obtained probate, we are in the process of getting the deeds to his which me and my brother still live in and was left to us in my fathers will, will the deeds have to be transferred over to mine and my brothers name and how do I go about it
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: United kingdom
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I need to pay £125 to the bank to get the deeds
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have been granted probate, this is the only issue we have outstanding
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you know if the Land is already Registered?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is but I am in the process of filling the forms out to get it transferred to myself and brother
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any update
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

The forms you need are an AS1

An AP1

and 2 ID1 forms - one for each of you

You complete them and send them to the land Registry for Registration

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details