How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbour has erected a plastic shed at the bottom of his

Customer Question

hi. my neighbour has erected a plastic shed at the bottom of his garden (which adjoins my garden). The shed has been placed on some decking and from my side of the fence appears monsterously tall. Its a real eyesore. Is there anything that i can do about it
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: No action so far. ideal outcome would be for them to move the shed so that i can't see it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the decking on their side is secured to my fence (they did this without permission). Other items such as solar lights have been secured to my fence (also without permission)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

You may be able to file an action claiming that the shed is an aesthetic nuisance; but I am not finding much UK case law on this and it is unclear what standard the court would apply in determining such a claim. As far as items attached to your property without your consent, you may have a claim for trespass to chattels. The tort of trespass to chattels can be defined as the intentional interference with the possession of property, aside from land, belonging to another, resulting in damage to that property.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.