How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9118
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lost my tenancy agreement although I know the year

Customer Question

I have lost my tenancy agreement although I know the year when the tenancy was signed. The exact date is uncertain as I have served a section 21 Notice to the tenant. Can the court rely upon the service of the notice.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: England & Wales
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: To evict the tenant believing the fixed term contract had expired.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is an assured shorthold tenant. All the landlord wants is the possession of the property.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

Have you served or are you about to serve the notice?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Notice has been served