How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32979
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my ex split up say 12 years ago, we jointly own a

Customer Question

Me and my ex split up say 12 years ago, we jointly own a house but I've havnt lived or paid anything towards the house for say 12 years plus ,I've asked my ex to remove me from the mortgage , she's putting her son on its all been approved, but they are now saying there's a restriction on the mortgage since 2005 in my name from Morgan Stanley etc , and now it can't go forward unless restriction is removed , need advice how
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Ok
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: State , I'm in uk
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I need to be removed , no action taken yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I assume there's a fee
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Do you know what the restriction is for and what it is based upon?