How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70295
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible for me to get a copy of the 999 call I made a

Customer Question

Hello Pearl. Is it possible for me to get a copy of the 999 call I made a week ago when I was assaulted? He tried to blame me yet he was arrested and put into custody.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: I am in Cheshire England. I live in Nantwich but incident occurred in Crewe. This happened 8days ago. 21/08/2016. Call was made at 3:30 am.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: He has been released and the Police have told me they waiting for CPS to get back to them. I do not have money for a lawyer, I am on benefits and starting University next month.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Like what exactly? What sort of details?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

No, they won't disclose it to you unless you are charged.

Then they would have to disclose a CAD message in response to a defence statement.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

CAD messages are only really disclosed to the court and the defence if deemed relevant.

They are not shown to witnesses.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will the 999 call be used in court if this goes to court?? He has been released after almost killing me... How does that work, now he is trying to bride people to be witnesses for him etc and trying to cover his back for what he did. He has a huge criminal record and has been recorded for strangling his previous girlfriend.... I cannot afford a 'proper' solicitor as I'm on benefits and off to University next month.... what do I do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

It depends.

It is quite unlikely the Crown would use it.

The defence might.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
meant bribe not bride... he is targeting people who will do this for me as he is good at this criminal life...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

He is on bail for CPS advice but they were not going to remand him anyway realistically.

He is raising a defence. That defence needs to be investigated.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

He is perfectly free to contact witnesses to see if they are willing to give evidence in his defence.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay so there is nothing I can do... During the attack I screamed for help while choking as I couldn't breathe and no one came. Now all of a sudden their witnesses. So what do I do? Just wait... He will kill someone the next time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Well, just don't have anything to do with him.

There are dangerous people about. Not many but some. The key is not get involved with them.

He is probably on bail with conditions of non contact anyway.