How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I used a company to handle my divorce. We received decree

Customer Question

I used a company to handle my divorce. We received decree nisi, and they had the request for decree absolute on file, for submission after 6 weeks and a day. I sent an email to request that they hold off on sending the final doc. They confirmed that it was on hold and notes were placed on the file. Yesterday I received the decree absolute from the court. Looks like a catastrophic administration error. What can be done?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: England & Wales (London)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope, not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no, that's it. I can give specific dates etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Are you the petitioner or the respondent?

Why did you want to delay the absolute and what is the effect of it having been granted against your specific instructions?