Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I made payment to an education consultant and he won't give

Customer Question

Good evening. I made payment to an education consultant and he won't give me my money back since I am not satisfied with his services. He won't pick my calls anymore and doesn't want to refund my money. Up until now no receipt of payment or an acknowledgement mail and no service rendered. What do I do
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

When you request the services of the education consultant? Also, do you have an address for him/her at all?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, in the circumstances you have the right to consider taking this further by making a claim in the county court. If the total value of the claim is for less than £10,000 then it will be allocated to the small claims court which is the perfect venue for disputes such as yours. It allows smaller parties to try and get justice, without the need for legal representation and high costs. Also if you were unsuccessful you would not be responsible for the other side’s legal costs so overall it is a relatively low risk option. You also have 6 years in which to make the claim so there is no immediate rush and you can take your time to try and resolve this directly with them. However, if communications have completely broken down then you could just start the claims process at any time.

This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the steps you need to follow to take this further, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.