How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter for my exes car insurance and he's not

Customer Question

I received a letter for my exes car insurance and he's not chaneed his address he's been moved out 9weeks and hasn't had a car up until the last 2 weeks
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: England.. doncaster
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We are going through a bad situation... He domestically abused me and he as had social services on his case also... also he's driven his children in the car when we don't hink it's fully insured cos false information and he is meant to have supervised contact with his children but has been taking them out on his own when it states it must be supervised and he thretned yo cme 2 ny hiuse with police which was a lie
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: England
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

What exactly is it that you want to know about this?

Do you have your exes address?

Can we have as much background detail as possible please?

Please bear with us over the weekend because we will be online and off-line spasmodically, and hence, may not get back to you immediately. Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2 kids one of the children are not bilogically my exes but he took him on at the age of 3 months old so he no's him as dad... my youngest is his where do I stand with hI'm tring 2 split them up... my boys are only 4 and 3 and my eldest has a disability and looks up 2 his younger brother for support will they get split up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also we have contact in place what append if he keep his biological child overnight if the arrangement is 4-8pm where do I stand with this and what can I do to make sure he sticks to the arrangement
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

If you have been the main care of the children until now, and they are as close as you say they are, it’s most unlikely that the court would award him anything other than contact including staying contact.

He applies for residence of the children, you can oppose it on those grounds and also his irresponsible conduct with regard to the insurance. To be honest, if he is driving uninsured, you should tell him that unless he resolves the issue immediately, you will refer it to the police.

If it’s simply an informal arrangement between you whereby he has to child from 4 PM to 8 PM and he keeps the child overnight, you will probably find that the police will not be interested unless there is a court order.

What you would then need to do is apply for the child arrangement order following the process on here

does that answer the question? Can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Please don’t forget to rate my answer service positively so that I get paid for my time today.

You may get the impression that the thread closes after rating, but it does not, it remains open and we can still exchange emails if anything needs clarification.

Kind regards