How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9118
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Social Services took my Grandchildren in care as children in

Customer Question

Social Services took my Grandchildren in care as children in need they did not have enough evidence to take my daughter to court. the manager asked her to do a psychiatric report she told my daughter it was OUT OF COURT to get her to go do it so they would then have evidence to take her to court which they now have done consiquently she now has to do 12 months therapy with a review at 6 month the Social Workers said she had numerous other psychiatric reports which all say she needs psychotherapy which is untrue. there are also other untruths they are covering up as we have asked for disclosure 4 times and they have not provided us with full disclosure would we be able to force disclosure, if so how? would we then be able to go back to court and get the children back sooner? also are they liable for their actions?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: last summer the Social Services said I could look after the children for a 2 week period they paid for me to come over from Spain but on my arrival they said they had changed their minds and the children would be going to a different placement. Immediately after this 2 week period I had booked for my daughter and the children to come to Spain for the 5 week summer Holidays. (that would have meant I would have had them for 7 weeks). the Social worker at the time persuaded my daughter and myself to the bring the children back after only 3 weeks. I also was talking with the social worker about coming back with the children after the holidays to do a re-hab for the children which she was talking positively about. in reality the social worker had been told to get the children back as not to undermine the psychiatric report which would give them evidence to take her to court. What they are doing is totally wrong. My daughter never signed a section 20 form for the children to be taken from my daughter in laws care where they were staying at the time. The Social Services still did not take it to court after receiving the report last Oct 2015 it was only when I rightly did not return the children to placement that they decided to issue proceedings in Dec 2015. They are covering the facts up that they were wrong and they falsly got my daughter to do the psychiatric assessment( we have recorded prood of everything) where do we stand?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: we have made genuine UPHELD complaints about the Social Worker and the Foster placement, but in court they then said my daughter was undermining the placement. the complaint was about the carer not honouring the children dental appointment and prioritising her hair appointment which the Social Worker agreed with and tried to change the childrens dental appointment. There are also other thing that have been done which are totally incorrect .
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my bets to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How old are the chidlren and where are they now?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the children are 6 and 8 they are in foster placement 5 days a week and my daughter has them Sunday morning till Tuesday morning. The Social Services obtained a care order in April but a lot of what they have done to obtain it is not correct and what they are hiding from us and this is what I want to know about were do we stand with obtaining these records and can we reverse the care order if we have evidence to show a judge?
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Were these issues not dealt with within the Care Proceedings?