Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I paid £1500 to my gardening company task which was

Customer Question

I paid £1500 to my gardening company for special task which was cancelled and he refuses to answer phone and written statement "will go to court if not resolved) has had zero response. Think I need legal letter before proceeding with small claims court
***** *****lley
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are they still trading?

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have already written to him threatening out legs proceedings. As such I am not convinced that you need to send a legal letter to him. I would be minded to simply bring a claim against him in the small claims court - you can do this online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - you can also claim interest at 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the county court act 1984. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.

Hi

I hope that this answer was of assistance, so please now take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars). This is extremely important in this process. I can continue and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you