UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

My business partner and i have had some disagreements and he

Customer Question
hi there my business partner...
hi there my business partner and i have had some disagreements and he has now changed all of the passwords on our email accounts and social media. Is this legal?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Ah I'm in the Uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No he's only just done it today
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I really don't know at this stage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/7/2016
Solicitor: Maverick, Advocate replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Advocate

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER:

If you have a 50-50 partnership and you cannot agree, then you have what is known as a "deadlock" situation. To the extent that he has changed the passwords without your consent, he has transgressed on your 50% say so in the business. If the two of you cannot work out a solution voluntarily, then the remedy is to dissolve the partnership and sell the business.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Advocate