How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9125
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a citizen of Kenya and have been married and living

Customer Question

Hi. I am a citizen of Kenya and have been married and living with my wife in Kenya for 17 years. We have 2 kids: 10 yrs and infant 9 months old all staying with me in kenya. My elder child has been schooling in kenya all these years. My wife doesnt work and is a housewife. My wife and kids hold British passports and are dependants on me with valid dependants permit from kenya immigration. My wife recently took the kids and absconded to UK without my knowledge nor consent. Them travelling to UK was verified at kenya airport. I do not know their whereabouts. What actions can I take to find my wife and kids? How can I return my kids home. My wife and I are still legally married. Can the police from kenya return my kids home using rhe help of UK police or jnterpol...? Do kindly advise. Thanks.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Nairobi. She absconded on friday 17th June 2016
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I talked to the police in kenya who said this is a case of parental abduction. I am currently in UK to see what can be done. I contacted my in laws who are in UK who say they don't know her whereabouts. I know they're lying.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My attempts to contact her have been blocked as apparantely the police here have told me she doesn't want to be contacted nor does she want me to contact the kids.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Does your wife still have family in the UK?