How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9118
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I apply property adjustment order on a former family

Customer Question

Can I apply for a property adjustment order on a former family home if I have remarried?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: The home is in negative equity, approx. £15k. I have no assets. How can I make me ex pay her share of it? It's been five years since our divorce.
JA: Huh? When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I don't have any money
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Who owns the property and who currently lives there.

How much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?