How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hope you have access to my previous communications with

Customer Question

I hope you have access to my previous communications with you all. I want to gift, guit claim property any way possible that is in my name to British subjects. What are my options
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

I can see that your previous question concerned a Power Of Attorney - this time you seem to be referring to property.

Do you have reason to believe you do own some property here in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm told I have 4 pieces of property
They were put in my name without my knowledge or consent
I did a revocation of power of attorney
They can't sell the property therefore they want me to do another POA. I will not do it.
I want to know what my options are
???? Quit claim deed, gifting etc. I don't want any money, I just want this problem out of my life. I am getting older and I don't want my children having to deal with this issue. I don't know the laws in the UK. I need your help. Can you help me?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In order to help (we do not have Quit Claim laws here)

I need a little more informtaion about where these properties are and when they were purchased.

Have you been sent any paperwork at all relating to them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Bristol, Poole and maybe Cornwall. I don't know when they were purchased. I have no paper work. I just want to know my options of turning the property over to someone/them/anyone. Is there s way to gift it or other options I'm not aware of.
My friend gave me a lawyers number that has practiced in the uk and now lives in the USA. I would rather get info from you. But I need more info about my options by Monday. Hope you can help me. I just need general info at the moment. Then I will proceed. Also can I sell it to them for a pound rather than gift. What are the tax liabilities. Right now I need general information quickly. Then i will know what options I have. After this is taken care of I woulf like to do a search in Whales. This man might have even put property in my name in Spain. Right now I want to deal with Bristol and Poole. He has a buyer for the apt in Poole. Basically I want to know how to get rid of this oppressing situation. Do you want some property? I'm going up to the mountains 9,000 ft and will be out of range until this evening. Father's Day here. Big family get together. Have a great weekend. Alice
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hope you had a good day Alice

Starting with Poole - what has he said to you about it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just that I own it. Please just answer my general questions. I need to know my options
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I gift it to his family
Sell it for a pound to his family
How can I get rid of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's all I want to know
If you can't help me plz tell me
As I said before there is a uk lawyer that lives in the us part time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will call him if you can't answer my questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks not forward to your reply
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You cannot get rid of any property unless you know more details about what it is that you own.

You will need to find out the details and then you can sign the relevant Transfers placing the properties into the names of whoever you decide to give them to.

Without the details you cannot do anything at all I am afraid

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, please optout. I want to Joshua or other Expert's opinion. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know how many ways you can transfer, sell for a very low price, )one pound) gift property. I can get the paper work. The properties are paid for. That is my first question. Then for ech transaction what are the tax issues. I just want to get rid of the properties. Read my previous remarks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is two condos, a house and undeveloped land
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I will just add this

If you have the details then you can ask a solicitor to have a TR1 drawn up for each of them.

You can gift them to a Charity of your choice if you so wish - pick one and contact them and they will happily help you with the paperwork

So far as your tax position is concerned that will depend on the price paid at the time of purchase and the value now - the tax in quetsion will be Capital Gains Tax.

Again if you are donating the property the Charity in question will be happy to advise on this point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about donating To his family members. Is there a way where by they would be responsible for all taxes. uK---uS how can I get. Copy of a tr1
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Only if they agree to pay them.

You will need a Uk solicitor to deal with the paperwork given the unusual situation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have company for a birthday dinner can we regroup tomorrow. Again and thank you. Tonight I'm going to down the form you mentioned
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

I have been asked to look at this for you.

I have read the whole thread and I get the general gist of this however can I ask a few questions please?

Why has this person transferred these valuable properties into your name?
Why don’t you simply sell them and perhaps donate the money to charity or spend it?

Do you have the addresses of the properties?

This last question is the most important.