How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70528
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On Sept 2010, I did something which I am not very proud of.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl on Sept 2010, I did something which I am not very proud of. I was caught for drink driving and got slapped with a 12 month ban and a £750.00 fine. I am now applying for a job with the benefit of a company car, I have learnt my lesson and I have no penalty points. I wish to ask when this company does a DVLA check will my DR10 show up on the checks. I understand that if it is older then 5 years old, it does not show in any shape or form accept on my personal record.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The original ban was 17 months but I had it reduced to 12, by doing the drink driving course, to help with insurance and so forth.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Sorry for the delay.

On the DVLA records I'm afraid it will be recorded for up to eleven years so it would show.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Can I clarify anything for you?