UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I have been accussed someones money from his

Customer Question
hi, I have been accussed...
hi, I have been accussed for taking someones money from his account fraudulently. and civil police has came to my house with a search warrant about me but I wasn't at home. I was planning to go back to my country permanently within week time. will I be in trouble at airport when I will fly back to my country as planned. and about the fraud I have no idea, I lend some money to my friend and he meant to give it back by bank transfer. so when he confirmed that he transferred money I bought some euros for my next holiday plan. please give me some advise bcz I m getting really ill. thanks in advance
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: not in my concern
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/14/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 1 year ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hello have you been charged with anything?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I m not sure, just three police in civil dress came to search me but i wasn't at home. they told to my friend that I have taken money from someones account fraudulently.
I m worried about that I have gotta travel to my country within week.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one more thing to mention that they had my photo from my driving license with them
Were you arrested?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nope
Have they asked you to make contact?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, I wasn't at home when they came so I didn't talk to them. and they haven't left any message for me apart from the search warrant copy.
Ok. Are you asking if you should make arrangements to hand yourself in?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have planned a holiday already, so I want to know that can I leave uk to my holiday and then come back and deal with this?
You are not subject to bail conditions so you can leave the country. The only issue is that if a warrant for your arrest does exist then you may be stopped at the airport. A safer option might be to make an appointment to attend voluntarily after your holiday. They might not agree to do that so you are taking a risk. It depends on your community ties to this jurisdiction and also upon your history of compliance with the Bail Act but it is a lot safer than just trying to leave and taking the risk of arrest at the airport. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there anyway that I can check if there is any arrest warrant exist or not??
Only for certain by handing yourself in which is not a good idea.You will have to do that in the long run but they will just arrest you immediately if you do that and a warrant exists.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay thanks. I think that's all I wanted to know.
No problem. All the best.Please remember to rate my answer.
Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister