How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 10545
Experience:  LLB (HONS) Over 23 years legal experience specialising in Property law and Wills/Estates
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been left my family home in my mum's will that she made as

Customer Question

I have been left my family home in my mum's will that she made as my father had dementia, she passed away first leaving it to me and upon his death to myself, but the deeds are in my father's name and as he was ill she made this will.and was it hers to leave to me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,As the Deeds were in your Father's sole name, the property passes in accordance with his Will and the gift of the property to you under your Mother's Will is invalid as she did not own the property and therefore had no legal right to pass it to you.I am not sure what your Father's Will said or indeed if he mad a Will. Please therefore let me know if you require any further clarification.Kind RegardsAl
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Can I assist you any further?If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My father will says. That his estate should be shared between his seven sibling. Can they sale the house and put me out.I have lived in the the same house for seven years.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, apologies for the delay, but I have been away for the last couple of days. As the property was in your Father's name, the property does pass to whoever he has nominated in his Will-ie the 7 siblings. However, if it has been your family home and are living there, you may be able to make a claim against your Father's Estate on the basis that you have not been catered for adequately under your Father's Will. I can't say whether you do indeed have a valid claim, as I can only give you the general legal position. You should, therefore, take immediate legal advice from a local Wills Solicitor who will be able to discuss matters with you fully and advise you as to whether or not you have a claim. I hope this sets out the general legal position. Kind Regards Al