How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70414
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a court date (hearing) tomorrow morning at 0830 (HST)

Customer Question

I have a court date (hearing) tomorrow morning at 0830 (HST) regarding a speeding ticket I was issued 3/12/16. I was issued a traffic infraction (HRS291C-102(a)(1)) for speeding 24mph over the speed limit. I was cited driving at 69mph in a posted speed limit zone of 45mph on the Kuihelani Hwy.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not, but I do have 1 question...
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Prior to arriving at the MPD officer's speed-trap (lidar radar), on the Hwy) I was behind a car traveling between 15 and 20 mph. I had car driving up to me, passing me and honking as they passed. When i had the opportunity to pass the car in front of me, I did. As I accelerated around the car, I came upon the MPD officer, who eventually pulled me over for speeding. I apologized to the officer, asked if he could let me go without issuing me a ticket and then signed for the ticket he issued me. Can this ticket be dismissed, by a judge, due to mitigating cicumstances?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. What would you like to know about this please?