How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested and 2 public order offences against

Customer Question

I was arrested for assault and 2 public order offences against the arresting officer. (he threatened to tell my employers I was a wife beater) I was found nit guilty as she admitted( by accident that she assaulted me the week before, which u had video evidence of) a week later she got drunk and tried it again, so I left her. She attacked me and I got arrested as she had a.mark on her neck as I had to stop her from attacking me. The courts found me.not guilty for assault and " equivocal evidence was told by the magistrates as to why I was found not guilty ( even though I pleaded guilty) but he overstepped the mark. Can I sue for false arrest. 24 hours in a cell ( as he forgot to tell anyone I was there and went home) defamation or whatever. I am now living with parents again and going for full custody as addicted to painkillers and gets violent when drunk. Worse when hormonal. What can I do.?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
On what basis ? What was the wrongful arrest?