How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9127
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

S JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you

Customer Question

JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Can i sue social services to provide a duty of care for not taking me into care when I was ten years old - after the death of my father from cancer - my dad was the main carer in my life - my mum was always in the background when I was little - I was the baby of the family - the youngest of four - when my dad died my mum whom had a breakdown. After my birth was like a child to my dad as well - when my dad died my two elder sisters left home aged 15 and 16 - my brother aged 12 was sent by the social worker to live in a resesdental school _- where I aged 10 was left with my mum it was 1979 dad died and I suffered bell - I had a severe speech probem due to facial disfigament however nothing was done about it until I was 22 years old - I suffered emotional mental and psychological abuse - I was neglected not clothed properly lived in squares when I was 12 in 1982 at the end of the year my mum took the first of manny sucide attempts in 1983 she was in and out of hospital so many Texas from sucide attempts even though I was in. charge of her medication she would still find the medication - whilst my mum was in hospital I bad to sleep on my sister floor - wand had to visit my mum every night in hospital after school this is only a small amount of the hell that I we through as a child - the social services knew the hell that I was goi g throthch but didn't help /"- I was fed or clothed properly and even the school should have known the hell that
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. My parents died in 1992. My parents died in 1992. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I was going through but know one helped as an adult I have suffered so much - what Ive been through as a child has had a big impact on my life and I wonder if I could sue the sosical services for not providing s duty of care Are you there
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Sorry what do you mean by 'no'
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive phoned a local one but not spoken to them yet by I need to know if I can make a claim as my childhood was horrific and my adult life wouldn't be such a mess now if the social services had provided me with a duty of care
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just wondering if I am going to have call back that I requested?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.Have you requested a copy of your file from Children's Services?How old are you know?What is the long term damage?