How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received a Order of award from the County

Customer Question

I have received a Order for recovery of award from the County Court of Oxford from the Applicant: Solicitors legal Aid Agency. This is now passed to the Enforcement Agency Marston to recovery the outstanding fee from me. The original debt was £963.36 and now with the increase Enforcement Stage 2 fee the outstanding fee is now £2121.22 and the amount is increasing daily. I haven't contacted the enforcement agency yet but will make the contact tomorrow after i receive advice from you. What action do i take to stop this? Plus I am currently unemployed and don't have the funds. PLEASE ADVICE THE STEPS I NEED TO TAKE?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ITS regarding a criminal proceeding that took place in 2012
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Let me see if I can help. Is the sum of money genuinely due?