How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70288
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** Hanks. My issue is the sia have

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** Hanks. My issue is the sia have refused my licence after submitting a character reference. I now have no more people i can contact that fits their criteria and wonder whether i should contact a Magistrates Court to appeal. The offence was a caution which was totally out of character due to circumstances at the time as i have no previous adverse criminal record. Can you advise please?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. At the time July 2015 i lost my job/contract and the stress increased at home with my wife and we had an intense argument which resulted in myself throwing some keys at her out of frustration and unfortunately they hit her hand which swelled . She was scared which i do understand and she contacted the police who initially were happy to let the incident pass but because of her hand they said i should have to go to the police station where i spent the night in a cell and was issued a caution. This has only come to light when applying for my licence which incidently if it expired after 1 year from the date of the caution would have been granted. I'm now in a good job and company and me and my wife are happy as we normally are but for this isolated incident.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know snout this please?