How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Inane received a court judgement declined cheque tax and also not having a

Customer Question

Inane received a court judgement for a declined cheque for road tax and also not having a licence to drive a 7.5 ton vehicle I have moved home and did not receive the court date and it was heard in my abcence this was in 2013 I thought I had rand up dvla and paid over phone by card to replace the cheque and I do have and have had a class 1 license for 37 years so drive Hgv for my job I have just been approached by bailiffs at my new address for this debt which is 1500.00 what should I do don't really want to pay but should I and try to contest it after thanks ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you?How has 1500 been calculated?How much was the tax?How did it manage to get to court?Didn’t you get the court papers? I need full background please. Thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. Good afternoon. Can I assist you any further with this or have you now resolve the issue?