Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My Wife recently died having appointed me her Executor and

Customer Question

My Wife recently died having appointed me her Executor and Trustee (and I now have the Grant of Probate)
My Wife owned a property that she held in Trust for herself and others.
Because of a developing lack of competence her financial affairs were placed in the hands of a COP appointed Deputy.
This required the property to be transferred into the names of two of the Deputy’s staff as Trustees (the COP have confirmed in writing that
“These Trustees were only appointed to deal with the sale of the said property and nothing else.
They have absolutely nothing to do with the Trustees of your wife's will. “
1. Although this property is registered in their name do they hold it as such or as Trustees for my Wife (subject to the terms of the original Trust)
2. As I have also been appointed as ‘Trustee’ by my Wife what is the relationship between that and their Trusteeship.
3. As Executor I am obliged to sell the property in order to produce sufficient (hopefully) funds to pay off her liabilities.
4. Am I entitled (a) to do this without their express permission
or interference and are they obliged to complete the sale in
accordance with my instructions, please?
Col. Michael Piesse
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I need some more information from you please.

Do you know why the property was transferred into the Deputies trustees names because I can't see a reason for that?

Can I have the background to your wife owning the property on trust for herself and others?

What is the background to the appointment of the deputies and on whose instruction was this done?

I need as much detail with regard to the property ownership as possible please. Thank you

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Can I assist you any further with this?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.