How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34107
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have question about civil partnerships.. I'm living with

Customer Question

Hello! I have question about civil partnerships. . I'm living with my boyfriend 1 year ,and now we want make civil partnership ,but is big problem,he is from India, and in this country is 6 years illegal ,I'm from Latvia. . Every day I'm afraid ,what will be ,if immigration people will take him and will deport him back to India .. We want normal life,and baby ,and he want work.. Is it possible we can make normal life and sort his paperwork? I can't think what will be if I stay here alone without him.. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If we can do something in this situation what we need?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

For clarity - are you actually a same sex couple?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm women,he is men.. We are not a same sex couple
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Civil Partnerships are only available to same sex couples.

You and your partner can get married and he can then return to India and apply for an EEA family permit - provided you are working and

exercising your Treaty Rights

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. But Wich documents we need ? Actually about me? I'm living in UK but my nationally is latvian. Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The starting point is to get married - and it could be wise to do this in Latvia or India.

Then he can apply for an EEA family permit

The details are here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome