UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

Ive been charged with common assult by beating. Had argument

Customer Question
with the wife ahe stormed...
Ive been charged with common assult by beating. Had argument with the wife ahe stormed out called the police and told them that i pushed her. I have conditional bail meaning that i cannot see or talk to her and not alowed at my house. I didnt push her or at least that i can remember it was heated argument. Got out of police statiom and she was immediately txting me to come home and that she was calling the police to tell them i didnt beat her. She keeps contacting me even though my condition of bail states i cannot talk to her. Magistrates court 1st april date given. What should i do now ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure what details ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What additional details did you need
3/18/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 1 year ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Has she done this to you before?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. First time. Have no record never in trouble with police. Its all been basically about her infidelity which caused the argument and yes there were plenty of verbal exchanges but i didnt beat her. Her statement says i pushed her. She has been contacting me telling me to come home but i have bail conditions stating i cannot. She has been telling me she is contacting the police to drop the charges today. I have 2 x conditions. Not to contact her and not to go near my home.I need to know what to do to get this stopped because its all wrong and she is even admitting it is all wrong on the whatsapp.Unfortunately a criminal record will cost me my career too which wont help anybody.What do you think ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ive attched the charges and conditions as images

Has she done this to other partners?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done what ? She has had boyfriends over the last few years i have all evidence of this. I dont know if she had previous partners. I met her in america she was an illegal immigrant. I mived her back to uk as i was in love with her.

Made allegations against them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No i dont know any previous partners

OK. Are you asking if you should plead guilty or not guilty?

There is no prospect of it being dropped.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How does it get dropped ? Its gone to the crown prosecution service now and they given me a date of 1st april. Can they drop it now ? How would or could it get dropped now ?I dont want to plead guilty because im not. Its an argument between her saying i pushed her and me saying i didnt.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pleading guilty makes me a criminal i work in banking which means its the end of my career

They are not going to drop it. This is a domestic. They will pursue it to the bitter end.

There is no prospect of them dropping it. You will be prosecuted.

you may not be convicted but that is a different point.

There is no prospect of them dropping this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is the best advice then

If you didn't do it then plead not guilty and have a trial.

She may try to retract. They will summons her.

The days have gone when women could waste the resources of the police on their relationship disputes and then drop the case when it suited them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She has already been retracting.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will plead not guilty. Because im not. I understand that the crown has to persue this but how can they possibly win when everything in her statement is fabricated ? When ahe has gone abck and said i didnt touch her and has been sending me emails to the same effect. It seems odd that id still get punished after all that. Itd be like making a point that doesnt exist.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will truely show the character of this women. There is so much history here. Illegal in usa. Affairs i have proof off. Statements she wants to change the next day.

Oh yes, they are all a nightmare. There is not much genuine abuse in the UK. It is mostly women using the police as a mediation service, trying to get attention or revenge or to get around immigration rules or false evictions.

Domestics should be in the family court in my view.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
plead not guilty. Get a good local lawyer. Assasinate the character obtain the truth and be free of it all ? Ive plenty to fight this case and the will

There are restrictions upon how much you can attack a witness's character but otherwise that is right.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To the extent of lies must be with the realms of what only need.
Not sure what you mean?
Sorry, wrong post. I can help though. Are you are if you should plead not guilty?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have tou lost it too mufh txtinf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All i need is a uk london base winnr of a solicitor that apecialises in this kind of thing. Money is not the objeft.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What did you mean by your last post ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you said this "Are you are if you should plead not guilty?"

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You said it is your last txt. Read your last message what did you mean ?

That was meant for a different post.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh

All the best.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Out of interest before i close the question. What could be the worse outcome if im convicted.

What are you said to have done? What does she say you did ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She said i pushed her. I said i didnt push her.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she has zero injuries to prove it.

If it is just a push then I would expect a conditional discharge or a fine. I'm quite surprised they want to prosecute a push alone.

Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister