Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Ive been charged with common assult by beating. Had argument

Customer Question

Ive been charged with common assult by beating. Had argument with the wife ahe stormed out called the police and told them that i pushed her. I have conditional bail meaning that i cannot see or talk to her and not alowed at my house. I didnt push her or at least that i can remember it was heated argument. Got out of police statiom and she was immediately txting me to come home and that she was calling the police to tell them i didnt beat her. She keeps contacting me even though my condition of bail states i cannot talk to her. Magistrates court 1st april date given. What should i do now ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure what details ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What additional details did you need
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Has she done this to you before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. First time. Have no record never in trouble with police. Its all been basically about her infidelity which caused the argument and yes there were plenty of verbal exchanges but i didnt beat her. Her statement says i pushed her. She has been contacting me telling me to come home but i have bail conditions stating i cannot. She has been telling me she is contacting the police to drop the charges today. I have 2 x conditions. Not to contact her and not to go near my home.I need to know what to do to get this stopped because its all wrong and she is even admitting it is all wrong on the whatsapp.Unfortunately a criminal record will cost me my career too which wont help anybody.What do you think ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive attched the charges and conditions as images
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Has she done this to other partners?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done what ? She has had boyfriends over the last few years i have all evidence of this. I dont know if she had previous partners. I met her in america she was an illegal immigrant. I mived her back to uk as i was in love with her.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Made allegations against them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont know any previous partners
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Are you asking if you should plead guilty or not guilty?

There is no prospect of it being dropped.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How does it get dropped ? Its gone to the crown prosecution service now and they given me a date of 1st april. Can they drop it now ? How would or could it get dropped now ?I dont want to plead guilty because im not. Its an argument between her saying i pushed her and me saying i didnt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pleading guilty makes me a criminal i work in banking which means its the end of my career
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

They are not going to drop it. This is a domestic. They will pursue it to the bitter end.

There is no prospect of them dropping it. You will be prosecuted.

you may not be convicted but that is a different point.

There is no prospect of them dropping this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the best advice then
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If you didn't do it then plead not guilty and have a trial.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

She may try to retract. They will summons her.

The days have gone when women could waste the resources of the police on their relationship disputes and then drop the case when it suited them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has already been retracting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will plead not guilty. Because im not. I understand that the crown has to persue this but how can they possibly win when everything in her statement is fabricated ? When ahe has gone abck and said i didnt touch her and has been sending me emails to the same effect. It seems odd that id still get punished after all that. Itd be like making a point that doesnt exist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will truely show the character of this women. There is so much history here. Illegal in usa. Affairs i have proof off. Statements she wants to change the next day.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Oh yes, they are all a nightmare. There is not much genuine abuse in the UK. It is mostly women using the police as a mediation service, trying to get attention or revenge or to get around immigration rules or false evictions.

Domestics should be in the family court in my view.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
plead not guilty. Get a good local lawyer. Assasinate the character obtain the truth and be free of it all ? Ive plenty to fight this case and the will
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

There are restrictions upon how much you can attack a witness's character but otherwise that is right.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To the extent of lies must be with the realms of what only need.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you mean?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, wrong post. I can help though. Are you are if you should plead not guilty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tou lost it too mufh txtinf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All i need is a uk london base winnr of a solicitor that apecialises in this kind of thing. Money is not the objeft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What did you mean by your last post ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you said this "Are you are if you should plead not guilty?"
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You said it is your last txt. Read your last message what did you mean ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

That was meant for a different post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

All the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Out of interest before i close the question. What could be the worse outcome if im convicted.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What are you said to have done? What does she say you did ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She said i pushed her. I said i didnt push her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has zero injuries to prove it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If it is just a push then I would expect a conditional discharge or a fine. I'm quite surprised they want to prosecute a push alone.