How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9143
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iv just moved into a semi detatched bungalow where the

Customer Question

iv just moved into a semi detatched bungalow where the bungalow next door has a rear extention on the back, the extention is mainly glass with a flat roof,no problem there ,but on the fence line there is an opening window and the whole side of the extention is clear glass, this looks straight into my bedroom . i would like to put up my own extention that would mirror the size of hers 6mtrs x 2.5mtrs, but put a solid cavity full hight brick wall infront of her windows will i have a problem this would form part of my building.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Thank you for thequestion. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I apologise for thedelay.

I need some more information from youplease.

How long has the extension been therefor?

Have you seen next door’stitle deeds and have you looked at your own title deeds and is there anymention of the right to light?

You mention the opening window, doesthis open over the fence and onto your side?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Can I assist you any further with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I don't want to continue with this as I waited to long for a reply and now find it has cost me £48 for no information at all not even basic building regs answers.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

If you are not happy with the service, you can email admin/customer services and ask for a refund.